½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup ketchup
1 ½ lbs. lean ground beef
¾ cup milk
1 ½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 small onion, chopped
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¾ cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs (about 10 crackers)
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 5 x 9 loaf pan.
2. Press the brown sugar into the bottom of pan and spread with ketchup.
3. In a mixing bowl thoroughly mix all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf.
4. Place loaf on top of ketchup.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes, buttered corn and brown-n-serve dinner rolls.